Profile of Highly Prosperous Dentists
November 18, 2015
- Clinical confidence and excellence.
- High self-esteem.
- Has a deep appreciation for the people who assist them in their journey, starting with family or origin through contemporaries and fellow team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate feelings to people.
- A pervasive inner calm.
- Knows how to give staff what they need to be genuine people as well as team members.
- A high level of internal locus of control versus external locus of control.
- Leadership is exercised by influence not power.
- Constantly visualizes what the practice should look like, where it is going and, equally as frequently, verbalizes this vision to team members.
- Invites other people to go on the journey with them.
- Accepts people for what they are and knows that they cannot change others. The only person they can change is themselves.
- Feels responsible for the personal growth of his team and is not threatened by excellence in others either clinically or behaviorally.
- Open to changes and new ideas even if they come from others.
- The doctor is non-intimidating to the staff which means the staff can give their opinion fully and be respected.
- One who will gladly scrub the bathroom if it is needed.
- Is a mentor to and seeks mentor relationship with others.